Translate

Friday, October 5, 2012

I gotta to have faith, faith, faith



You tell em' George!
I once won 4 contests in one month! This was a few years ago, but I'll always remember that lucky month right before Christmas, good timing. I know, I was flabbergasted as well. It was not life-changing things, but it thrilled me nonetheless to be winning so often. It was definitely a streak and I wonder if it was a sheer bunch of coincidences or was something else going on. In case you're wondering, and I know you all are, what the heck did that girl win? I won a mountain bike from a Health Food Store, I won an Ipod from the school I was working at, $100. from IGA, and a beautiful chocolate truffle snowman from my hairdressers. It had three boxes filled with truffles. Suffice it to say I was one happy camper that December. I still do win things...I went to the Christmas concert at my nieces school last year, and won the wine basket, which if anyone knows me is right up my alley :D Why didn't I win the games basket, or the Sens basket, or the candle one...no I won the basket that was suited for me best. Pretty cool eh?
Do you think people are born lucky? Can we draw luck to ourselves. If you have read the Secret, you're a true believer in this. I am not a fervent Secret follower, but I have always had a similiar philosophy that your state, your constitution, your (whatever you want to call it) has a direction and mine has always brought me down the sunny side of the road. Even when it was monsoon weather, I was always holding on to a thread of hope that the monsoon would pass, and I'd get another opportunity that would change my life around yet again. Sometimes I believe it 100 %, I remember years ago writing down three things I wished for, but the key was I didn't need them, they were things I imagined would make my life better, I would be happy to have them in my life. Then, I spent a lot of time being grateful for what I had, and even when my life wasn't going according to plan, maybe to an  outsider it could have looked a little dire, I still knew it would get better.  (Maybe I'm just daft in the head, and can't accept bad luck  :D ) Then three things that changed my life did happen. I used to think these things were random and we didn't have a say in all that good stuff, like whether good luck came our way,  meeting the person of our dreams, or having a job that made us get up every day and feel really good about it. I never gave it much thought actually, but the older I get, the more I think we definitely have a hand in not just where we choose to go, but what comes our way, and it's up to us if we accept or not. We can make it happen through faith. I don't know how to explain it exactly, but I know it's the truth for me. I feel it. It gives me great faith to know in my heart that things will always turn around and this has helped me accept change. God, I used to hate when things changed and I didn't see it and didn't want it. Now I know that change is good, it shakes things up, it gets all the dust off that's accumulated in your life and gives you a new way of looking at your life. It just makes life better. That's what I truly believe.
Con

1 comment: